It’s All in the Presentation
Carrying a gun on your person, getting it out of the holster, and getting it back in is one of the most important skills for the armed citizen to master. How and where do you carry it safely and comfortably? This skill is critical to ensure that you’re a safe and responsible firearms carrier. We will teach the best method(s) for safely and quickly presenting the gun from the holster, and more importantly, putting it safely back in the holster.
If you already have basic training in safely drawing and reholstering, then perhaps take a look at the Defensive Handgun 1 course.
How long is the course?
Approximately 4 hours.
What is included in the Holster Basics class?
This course covers the following topics:
- The 4 criteria of a good concealed carry holster
- Holster placement
- The 4-step draw (presentation)
- Safe re-holstering skills
How much does this course cost?
$150.00. Course price may or may not include applicable range fees, depending on the firing range where we shoot.
What equipment do I need to bring?
For the Holster Basics class, you’ll need the following equipment:
(Loaner holsters, pouches, or belts are available for a small fee)
- a quality handgun (revolver or semi-automatic)
- about 150 rounds of ammunition
- at least one extra magazine or speed-loader
- at least one belt-mounted pouch for your extra magazine or speed-loader
- eye protection and ear protection
- a quality holster made to fit your particular handgun
- a sturdy belt that can support the weight of the firearm