It’s All in the Presentation
Carrying a gun on your person, getting it out of the holster, and getting it back in is one of the most important skills for the armed citizen to master. How and where do you carry it safely and comfortably? This skill is critical to ensure that you’re a safe and responsible firearms carrier. We will teach the best method(s) for safely and quickly presenting the gun from the holster, and more importantly, putting it safely back in the holster.
If you already have basic training in safely drawing and reholstering, then perhaps take a look at the Defensive Handgun 1 course.
How long is the course?
Approximately 2 hours.
What is included in the Holster Success class?
This course covers the following topics:
- The 4 criteria of a good concealed carry holster
- Holster placement
- The 4-step draw (presentation)
- Safe re-holstering skills
- Efficient draw to first shot skills.
How much does this course cost?
$50.00. Course price includes applicable range fees at the Bandera Gun Club, but not necessarily other venues.
What equipment do I need to bring?
For the Holster Basics class, you’ll need the following equipment:
(Loaner holsters, pouches, or belts are available for a small fee)
- a safe and reliable handgun (revolver or semi-automatic)
- 50-100 rounds of ammunition
- eye protection and ear protection
- a holster made to fit your particular handgun, that protects the trigger guard and does not collapse when the gun is withdrawn.
- a sturdy belt that can support the weight of the firearm