The Next Level
Defensive Handgun 2 builds upon everything taught in DH1 and pushes students to elevate their skills even more. This class includes working on movement, mid to long-range distance shooting, problem solving while shooting, head-to-head competition drills, and shooting the FBI Qualification course for score. It’s a challenging course, but it’s tons of fun!
How long is the course?
Six hours (approximately)
How much does this course cost?
If you’re using your own gear, the course is $250.00. If you’d like to use our loaner equipment, the course is $300.00. As always, we offer a 20% discount for members of the military. Course price includes any applicable range fees (paid directly to the firing range where we shoot).
What equipment do I need to bring?
For this class, you’ll need the following equipment:
- a quality handgun (revolver or semi-automatic)
- about 500 rounds of ammunition
- at least one extra magazine or speed-loader
- at least one belt-mounted pouch for your extra magazine or speed-loader
- eye protection and ear protection
- a quality holster made to fit your particular handgun
- a sturdy belt that can support the weight of the firearm
If you don’t yet have your own gear, TDR Training has loaner equipment available for a small tuition surcharge (please see course fee information for details).